Saturday, October 19, 2013

Luv Ya BLUE!, Luv Ya BUM!

November 11, 1965.  BUM PHILLIPS passed away yesterday and in his memory I am posting this Stokely's Coloring Contest.  I loved the HOUSTON OILERS back in the 1970's and early 1980's when I was a teenager and young adult.  Mike Barber, Ray Childress and of course, the Tyler Rose - Earl Campbell, were just a few of the players I would cheer for while watching the games on T.V. or listening on the radio.  I loved the OILERS whether they won or lost, and they lost a lot more games than they ever won, but I was a true fan.  I have not cared about football since the people in this city drove the OILERS out of town with their hatred.  I did root for the Tennessee TITANS for several years because so many of the players had been OILERS.  Anyway, thanks BUM for the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment